Saturday, September 12, 2009

Buffalove


Overall, this has been what one might call a very “Buffalo” summer. Probably because it was Paul’s first in this “jewel” of Western New York and we had to show him the sights, so to speak. To keep him from jumping on the first plane home.

So, in our most Buffalonian way, we packed June to August with Labatt’s, Bison’s games with distant French relatives, city garden walks, zoo treks with too many babies and not enough hips to carry them.


There was the gluttonous Taste of Buffalo (too many people and smells, if you ask me) and the “oh-that’s-soooo-Buffalo” rainout of the much-anticipated Neko Case concert. (I’m still shaking my fist at the sky)


We did make it out to ArtPark to see Pink Floyd tribute band, The Machine, which was the most fun I’ve had in ages.


trippy laser show!


There were romantic dinners on Elmwood, awful dinners on the porch with screaming toddlers. There were parties in the country where we drank box wine and played washers. And, yes, there were about 600 times where I was mistaken as the mother of Marek, Gabriel or Michael.

But my favorite moment of summer? This award goes to my finally fulfilled goal of finding Rick James’s grave in Forest Lawn Cemetery. I especially liked the honorary 40 of Bud placed among the flowers.


Classic Buffalo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My hand has not stopped shaking at the sky from that cancellation. You should have brought Paul the week after to Avett Brothers though coz they were tons of fun. I have been trying very hard to make a trip to Forest Lawn but it hasn't happened yet but I think I will just have to next week. And I am completely happy that you decided to write again, haha. Good luck with the apartment schmeg!

Liz Coleman said...

thanks! I am becoming increasingly obsessed with your blog/internet thingee. Where do you find all those pictures?

Unknown said...

I have multiple sources- when I see something I like - I save it and eventually post it to my tumblr. It's pretty addicting having it so I'm glad that you find it interesting! It was good seeing you at the blasted Regal again. Are you ever not working? And I think you should get tickets to see Andrew Bird & St. Vincent at Ashbury Hall in October. Yes.