Monday, October 19, 2009

i'm turning myself into a demon

Fleet Foxes song titles are perfect for Fall. And their music... hot damn. This year, they are my go-to band for sunny Autumn afternoons (however far and few between they've been this season). I practically knocked over my second glass of beer when a local band started playing "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" at a bar last Friday. Then they stopped after like 3 lines!!! Big wtf moment! I was so out of my mind that I marched right up to the singer and demanded an explanation.

"Why did you stop playing that song!?"

"Um, the drummer doesn't really know it."

"Well...can you just sing it then? You've got a guitar."

"Yeah. Uh, I think we're heading out though."

"Oh. You guys are awesome. Really, really good."

"Thanks."

"K. Bye!"

"Bye."


I'll be back later in the week with a run-down of baby Patrick's baptism. There's much to be said whenever the Halls gather under the guise of Catholic tradition. (teaser: one bitter divorcé, vomit, houseful of mentally deranged kooks)

No comments: