Thursday, June 10, 2010

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I truly cannot think of a better high than stumbling upon something that inspires writing. Scratch that - there's loads of things that are a better high (i.e. first kisses, Sam Beam's murmurs, fat paychecks, cuddling with puppies)

But oh sweet Jesus, artistic inspiration is like lightning from heaven! Especially when it's run dry for a while.

mmmm hmmmm.

In other news, I shaved Paul's gorgeous head of hair into a mohawk. He looks ridiculous, but he sort of deserves it for having such unforgivably gorgeous hair.

I'm a loser and I don't have Netflix, so I've been on a bit of a RedBox kick. I finally watched Crazy Heart, and it was superb. If I was male, I would want Maggie Gyllenhaal so bad. As it is, her brother will do just fine for me.

Speaking of ambiguous gender roles, I'm getting into Virgina Woolf - in my own way (which amounts to reading 1-2 of her books and then declaring myself an avid fan). Anyway, she's mad and killed herself so I'm bound to worship her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I try to strain myself against commenting on ALL of your posts but really.. I agree so much again with everything you say! I saw Crazy Heart with the guy I'm mostly in love with and it was pretty fantastic, dude.

I'm going to Powell's (GOOGLE IT!) when I'm in Portland. Will probably end up spending half a day there.. and will have to mail the books I get there back home. Can't wait to revel in our book collections together!

Liz Coleman said...

haha, our minds are like soulmates! "the guy I'm mostly in love with??" - do tell!

I googled Powell's, and all I can say - we are going to have mad book-reading tea parties when you return. Which is really, really soon! Enjoy your last days!