Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 9 - a song that makes you cry. good or bad cry.

I am a champion crier. Beauty and the Beast? Cry. A sublime line from Shakespeare? Cry. Stumbling upon a forgotten toy from my childhood? Tissues, please.

I don't know what it is. People used to tell me I was devoid of emotion. They would say: "Liz, you need to tell me when you're excited or mad because I can never tell what you're actually feeling." But the truth is: I am incredibly emotional. I feel huge feelings all the time. At every little thing. But those feelings are for me. I don't broadcast them. Just me being my solitary, introverted self.

So, ahem, sad song?

Wild Horses, as covered by The Sundays



This song has made me cry on more than one occasion. Was it a good or bad cry? Probably good. I love crying. Usually. It's so refreshing. Also, I will bawl at mostly anything from Sufjan Steven's Michigan album. And U2's All I Want is You. God, that song makes me ache all over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you seen Reality Bites? Wanna watch it together some time so we can cry watching this breakup montage to All I Want is You? It being my favorite movie is also a key in that you have to watch it. Miss ya, gal pal! Once again this post makes me feel as though we were soul mates.

Liz Coleman said...

Hey soul mate - "All I Want is You" always reminds of Reality Bites! I've only seen it once, though, and it was several years ago...so I think we should have a movie night. One of my jobs is closed until January 3rd, and Paul is back home in Wisconsin so I actually have some time to do fun things. Fun things that need to include you.