Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 11 - your favorite meal to eat for dinner

I'm taking the liberty to tweak this one. Instead of my favorite meal to eat for dinner, how's about we talk "last meals." Last meals are a funny thing. Ask someone what they'd eat for their final meal on the planet and you may turn up some startling revelations. Take my sister, for instance. She's been a staunch vegetarian for 2 or 3 years, and you know what she's got on her menu? Freakin' meatloaf.

I'm distractedly tired, so let's cut to the chase.

Liz's Last Meal Menu:


- Spanakopita. An impossibility, but I'd have it the way my grandmother used to make it - the old Albanian way: with cottage cheese replacing the usual feta so that it's oh so creamy and perfect. We called it "spinach pie," and it is honestly one of the things I miss most about holidays from my childhood.

- Lobster.

- A custard from Anderson's. Twist. On a sugar cone, please.

- An assortment of expensive sushi.

- 4 slices of bacon.

- Veal parmesan.

No comments: